Upholsteries are one of the most obvious furniture of home decor. Upholsteries are a part of daily activities as well as comfort. These very necessary thing needs to be cleaned as a regular basis to keep the home and especially the living room area clean and lively.
There are many ways one can clean their upholsteries. But cleaning it with a steam cleaner can be one of the easiest and good way. Here is how to clean upholstery with a steam cleaner. The step by step process as follows:
Step 1: Remove all the dust and oil that are stuck to it.
At first, you need to clean up all the caked and clogged specks of dirt, oils, and dust from the upper fabric of your upholstery.
- If the upholstery is a fabricated one, then you must remove it by taking out the whole cover. If that is not possible, then you can do it with a vacuum cleaner and take out all the dirt from the surface.
- If the upholstery is a leather one, then it would be better to just dust off the particles from it with a cloth or duster. If the dirt is too much then only go for a vacuum cleaner.
Step 2: Your entire upholstery needs to be sprayed
In this step, the upholstery needs to be sprayed with a commercial upholstery spray.
- Sprinkle the cleanser all over.
- Diffuse it further on stained sections.
- Make sure all the parts are covered with the spray.
Step 3: Must use a cotton cloth
Now you need to use a cotton cloth to rub off all the wet areas.
- Scrub the sprayed and stained areas.
- Make sure your upholstery is not losing any color.
- Let it dry for a while.
Step 4: Summon the home upholstery steam cleaner
After the upholstery is dried properly, it is ready to use the home steam cleaner on it for the best result.
- At the starting point, load your steam cleaner with a sufficient quantity of steam cleaner liquid.
- Join the conventional steam cleansing accessory and the cleaner’s power to the individual setting.
- Now turn on your steam cleaner and start cleaning with it.
- Drive the steam washing nozzle/brush changeable, long blows all across the upholstery.
- It is better to remove the upholstery from any corner of the house and clean it to both of the sides with the steam cleaner.
Step 5: Vacuum
- At last, use a wet or dry vacuum drier if there is any hurry or time limitation.
- If not in a hurry, just remain for it to dry.
These were the steps by which you can clean your upholstery at home with your machine. If not, many companies do the cleaning by coming to your home. The processes are almost the same and this is one of the easiest methods to clean the upholstery with a steam cleaner. One can follow these steps to get a perfectly cleaned upholstery each time.